Friday, August 22, 2008

It has been awhile

I started this blog in hope that I would do a post every day, hasn't worked out quite that way.

I have done lot of knitting, I joined Ravelery (which is a knitting and crochet community website.) It has been lots of fun, possibly too much fun. So on Ravelry I have joined SoS08 (Summer of Socks) and have knit 4 finished pair and on my way to finishing my 5th. My 5th pair is doing 2 at once on a Magic Loop using the Knit Picks sock blank that was dyed for me in a swap form Ravelry. Again, having too much fun.

My boys M and Z are getting ready to go back to school, we had a great Summer, went to visit Mickey Mouse in Florida and my Aunt, their Mema. They had a great time, Z just loves carnival rides.

So let me see if I can do this, I have pictures for you from my socks and my sock blank that I dyed. My boys also kool aid dyed some plain sock yarn too.


The above is what Z and M dyed with Kool Aid on Knit Picks Bare Essentials yarn. They did a good job.



I dyed this with Kool Aid for a Blank Swap on Ravelry, I really love how it came out and will deffinately do this again.


These are my first patterned socks, Monkey by Cookie A, loved doing them.

Monkey Socks BI have more pictures to show, I will save for tomorrow. I hope you enjoy and I hope to continue this on a regular basis.









1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay! Blogging is fun. We'll get together and I'll pass on all my Blogger secrets.